Saturday, February 19, 2011

Video: Johnny Cash - "Hurt" (Originally by Nine Inch Nails)

I figured, with me listening to the discography of Johnny Cash and writing about it (at least the American Series) I might as well put up the video of one of his most songs from the collection. "Hurt" was originally released by Nine Inch Nails, but I think it was done way better by The Man In Black. Hell, most people only know of the Cash version, and are surprised when I point out that it's a cover. This song is amazing in both formats, southern/acoustic and the industrial original, but Johnny Cash's baritone and simplistic recording style really pushes it over the edge for me.

I'm sorry about the intro, advertising for whatever YouTube persona that is. I looked long and hard for a better version, but they all wouldn't allow me to embed it into my site (that is to bring the video here, and not make you go you YouTube). This one is someone else's edited version, although after the first minute or so it gos directly into the official music video. I don't doubt if this gets pulled soon, but if it does, let me know and I''l look for another copy. It is a great song, and I think you all need to hear it in some fashion.

No comments: