Sunday, April 17, 2011

Video: Type O Negative - "Black No.1" & "Everything Dies"

This week was the first anniversary of Peter Steele's untimely death. As I'm sure most of you know, Steele was the lead singer and bassist for the gothic/doom band Type O Negative, as well as the thrash band Carnivore. I paid my dedication to Carnivore earlier in the week, and now do the same for Type O Negative.

Because of the mournful tone of this article, and because I love the works of Peter Steele, and Type O puts on one hell of a live show, this week's music videos is going to be a twofer. Two songs by Type O Negative, the first being their big hit of the 90s: "Black No. 1 (Little Miss Scare-All)" followed by a somewhat fitting "Everything Dies," the group's most depressing song I ever heard.

I wanted to get "I Don't Want To Be Me" or "My Girlfriend's Girlfriend" up here but for some reason Roadrunner has those videos unable to be embedded (but not these two...). I wanted the contrast of the 'happy' ToN and the 'sad.'





No comments: