Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Video: Slowed Down Rush

Originally I only hard the track, not the video, and I thought that someone had just taken "Working Man" by Rush and slowed it down considerably. But, after a bit more inspection of the site I found it on (I'm not going to link to it because they said that Rush sucks, and I just can't take that level of disrespect) I discovered a link for the video you see below you. Apparently a group of people (it doesn't say) decided to turn this classic Rush song into a down-tempo, doom song, and it's pretty damn good!
I had this idea some time ago, to create a doom tribute band that does nothing but re-record classic tunes in a slower and heavier format. Sort of like what Type O Negative did to "Paranoid," on their re-issue of The Origin of The Feces, "Black Sabbath," from the Nativity In Black tribute album to Black Sabbath, and again on "Black Sabbath (From the Satanic Perspective)," from their greatest hits album, The Least Worst of. I'm sure there are plenty of other acts that have taken this idea and ran with it, but the examples by ToN are the ones that are first to mind.
Anyway, this is a good idea, and a great song to start out with. I hope this group decides to make this a running theme, I'd like to see "Cary on Wayward Son" by Kansas slowed up and drudged about some day.

No comments: