Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2010 In Review

A quick recap of what went on in 2009: I had 682 total full album plays throughout the year, of which 35 artists had five or more total plays (this of course not counting random songs). I am sure I will crush these numbers this year.
In 2010 I was much more focused on this website, and music in general. I know I didn't fully grasp my duties here until the last quarter of the year, but I am going to attempt to keep my current rate of posting (probably go back to every other day) as long as I can keep it up. I also want to bring in a few more writers to my little projects - both people I know in the real world, and some people from the net. So stay tuned for that!

This year, after going over the impressive amount of artists, albums, and genres that I have listened to, here is what I have accomplished:
886 album plays (this of course is entire albums, not the random tracks I listen throughout the year), and 386 total artists (including compilations and various artist works), bringing each artist an average of 2.3 plays each. It doesn't sound like much this way but look at the seemingly-never-ending list of albums and you'd be impressed.

Top 10 Artists
  1. Deep Purple - 19
  2. Iron Maiden - 17
  3. Uriah Heep - 17
  4. Pink Floyd - 14
  5. Styx - 13
  6. AC/DC - 11 
  7. Clutch - 10
  8. Fu Manchu - 10
  9. The Offspring - 10
Top 11 Albums (11 Because There Was A Big Tie)
  1. Uriah Heep - Demons & Wizards - 8
  2. Ogre - Dawn of The Proto-Man - 8
  3. Dream Theater - Scenes From A Memory - 8
  4. Pink Floyd - The Wall - 7
  5. Alestorm - Captain Morgan's Revenge - 4
  6. Clutch - Blast Tyrant - 4
  7. Deep Purple - Machine Head - 4
  8. Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell - 4
  9. Queen - A Day At The Opera - 4
  10. Styx - The Grand Illusion - 4
  11. The Tossers - The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death - 4
6 Least Used Letters For Band Names (Just Thought I'd Throw This In)
  1. Z - 1: Zimmer's Hole
  2. U - 2: Uriah Heep, The Union Underground
  3. V - 3: Van Halen. Volbeat, VRSA
  4. Y - 3: Yellow #5, Yes, Young Dubliners
  5. N - 4: Nebula, Nevermore, New Keepers Of The Water Towers, Nice Wings, Icarus!
  6. Q - 4: Queen, Queensryche, Quest For Fire, Quiet Riot
So that was 2010, if I keep up the pace of my article writing, and now with a few more writers helping me out, I should be able to top even these numbers in 2011 (I'm already at a decent total for the month). Only time will tell.

    No comments: