Saturday, January 1, 2011

Albums Listened To In December (60)

Jesus, what a month, and Satan, what a year! I can't believe that 2010 is finally over, still with so much great music left unheard. As the calender dates switch, I'm going to try and finish off some more of the 2010 albums, before the flood of new releases takes over my life. That gives me a month at the most to get the most out of it all, the challenge continues!
Also I had a crazy idea to go through all of the 'Best of 2010' lists from some of my fellow bloggers - the albums I haven't heard - too see what I am missing. I'll be skipping over the obvious death and black and -core albums, but the ones that sound interesting I'm going to try and listen. I figure I read these folks' blogs every day, they have to know something I may not. So those are my dual challenges for January.

I am going to attempt to continue my daily posting routine, at least until I get burnt out or something. I am happy to announce that I will be bring in a new writer to help me with these duties, Gryphyn, and also to give her own special view of the world of music. Hopefully with her, The Pyro, (and perhaps one more person), I can turn this blog into a true force to be reckoned with!

Because of the extensiveness that I have documented this past month, I won't be going through my usual 'good, ok, bad' sections. I feel I have made my opinions well enough known for the time being. I just want it known that even though this is a kind of short month an overwhelming percentage of them were brand spanking new albums - both to my ears, and to the year - something to be proud of.
And as a last comment, I wanted The Klepto's Guide To Awesome Music to reach 2000 visitors for the month, something it did and then some! So this is my thanks to you, my dear readers, keep coming back and let me know (via email or comment) if there is something you would like to be reviewed, or if you have any ideas for articles. You are my public and I write for you (and the misplaced value of self-worth).

Have a good day and a good year!

  1. Accept - Blood of The Nations - New
  2. Agalloch - Marrow of The Spirit - New
  3. Amplifier - The Octopus (2 Discs) - New 
  4. Andrew W.K. - I Get Wet
  5. Annihilator - Annihilator - New
  6. Awestruck - Telemision 
  7. Barn Burner - Bangers - New
  8. Baroness - Red Album
  9. The Beards - The Beards - New
  10. The Beards - Beards, Beards, Beards - New
  11. Cathedral - The Guessing Game (2 Discs) - New
  12. Clutch - Blast Tyrant 
  13. Crippled Black Phoenix - I, Vigilante
  14. Danzig - Deth Red Sabaoth - New
  15. The Divine Baze Orchestra - Dead But Dreaming - New
  16. Dream Theater - Scenes From A Memory
  17. Earthride - Something Wicked - New
  18. Electric Wizard - Black Masses - New
  19. Fifty Foot Woman - Fifty Foot Woman - New
  20. Fireball Ministry - Fireball Ministry - New 
  21. Frank Zappa - Apostrophe (') 
  22. Frank Zappa - Overnite Sensation
  23. Ghost - Opus Eponymous - New 
  24. The Grand Astoria - The Grand Astoria - New
  25. The Grand Astoria - The Grand Astoria II - New 
  26. The Grand Astoria - Omnipresence - New
  27. Grand Magus - Hammer of The North - New 
  28. Grave Digger - The Clans Will Rise Again - New
  29. High On Fire - Snakes For The Divine - New
  30. Howl - Full of Hell - New
  31. Jefferson Colby - Semantics (Metaphysical Mood Music) - New 
  32. Johnny Cash - American VI: Ain't No Grave - New 
  33. The Lonely Island - Incredibad - New
  34. Meat Loaf - Hang Cool Teddy Bear - New
  35. Melvins - The Bride Screamed Murder - New
  36. Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - New 
  37. The Ocean - Heliocentric
  38. Ogre - Dawn of The Proto-Man 
  39. Pink Floyd - The Wall (2 Discs)
  40. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
  41. Place of Skulls - As A Dog Returns - New
  42. Powerhead - Celestial Frankenstein - New 
  43. Queen - A Night At The Opera 
  44. Rob Zombie - Hellbilly Deluxe 2 - New 
  45. Rocketchief - Rise of The Machine 
  46. Sahara Surfers - Spacetrip On A Paper Plane
  47. Serj Tankian - Imperfect Harmonies - New
  48. Sloath - Sloath - New 
  49. The Soulbreaker Company - Itaca
  50. Stonehelm - Stonehelm - New
  51. The Sword - Warp Riders - New 
  52. Titan - Sweet Dreams - New
  53. Titan - Sweet Dreams (Again)
  54. Ufomammut - Eve - New 
  55. Uriah Heep - Demons & Wizards 
  56. Wall of Sleep - When Mountains Roar - New
  57. Weezer - Death To False Metal - New
  58. Weezer - Hurley - New 
  59. Wino - Adrift - New
  60. Wolfmother - Wolfmother

No comments: