Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ronnie James Dio Is Dead

I'm joining the masses of bloggers and mourners; Ronnie James Dio, leader of such amazing bands as Elf, Black Sabbath (for a time), Dio (solo), and Heaven and Hell, has passed away from stomach cancer. His wife, Wendy, released this message a few short minutes ago:
“Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45 a.m. [on Sunday] 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private goodbyes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever.”



For those that didn't know, Dio was diagnosed with, and was seeking treatment for, stomach cancer some time ago. I for some reason, thought he couldn't die, as if he was just too metal for death. Well apparently I (and so many) was wrong. I am so glad I was able to see him in glory with Heaven and Hell two years ago.
Rest in peace, wise one, you will be missed and cherished.
July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010

No comments: