Sunday, March 1, 2009

Albums Listened To In February

So the shortest month is now over, and I have almost the most music played this month (if not the most)! I'm not really sure how this has happened, but I think it's because of all the classic albums I listened to. I have those entire albums on my iPod, so I could travel and play.

The best album of this month is definitely Wizard with Thor. I liked the heavy power metal feel (well they are power metal, so that's to be expected) with their themes. I have a couple more of their albums, and I will need to listen to them in March.
Runner up, I loved Hindu Love Gods's only album. A bunch of old blues covers done in a more modern theme. A great showing of Warren Zevon and friends.

The worst by far: Empylver - Wood Woud Would. This album was horrible. I had really high hopes too. As of late I've been listening to alot of folk music, and Empylver is folk metal from China, a first for my collection. I was expecting all sorts of Chinese themes and instruments, but I was let down. Instead it sounded like a industrial band who tried mixing folk themes into their music. The music was boring, the singing (what little of it there was) was more muttered over then anything else. I would say to stay away from this band.
Runner up is Meshuggah with obZen. Not necessarily because the album was bad, but because it's not my style and I couldn't get into it. (see more here).
Another close one was Doomy Ballads by Big Boss. Again, not for any real reason, except that it was boring. There was only one up-beat song on the album, which should have been apparent from the title, but I like doom metal, and to me this was a poor showing.

As a side note, I noticed half way through the month that the albums I was listening to were falling very nicely into the Alphabet. By February 15th I had 18 of the 26 letters covered. So I decided to go the entire way with it. If you look you'll see that from 'A' to 'Z' every letter has an artist. Mostly this was by accident but a few artists I had to struggle with. The Xandria album I had to get just to make it work, I have no other 'X's' in my library. And I'll probably never listen to it again, but I needed it.

  1. 16 - Bridges To Burn - Newly Listened!
  2. 3 Doors Down - 3 Doors Down - Newly Listened!
  3. Abstrakt Algebra - Dactylis Glomerata: Abstrakt Algebra - Newly Listened!
  4. AC/DC - Back In Black
  5. Alestorm - Captain Morgan's Revenge
  6. Alestorm - Leviathan (EP) - Newly Listened!
  7. The Answer - Everyday Demons - Newly Listened!
  8. The Bakerton Group - El Rojo - Newly Listened!
  9. Baroness - The Red Album
  10. Big Boss - Doomy Ballads - Newly Listened!
  11. The Blues Brothers - The Blues Brothers Soundtrack
  12. Boston - Boston
  13. Bruce Springsteen - Working On A Dream - Newly Listened!
  14. Crooked X - Crooked X - Newly Listened!
  15. Deep Purple - Purpendicular - Newly Listened!
  16. Empyrean - EP
  17. Empylver - Wood Woud Would - Newly Listened!
  18. Franz Ferdinand - Tonight: Franz Ferdinand - Newly Listened!
  19. George Thorogood & The Destroyers - Haircut - Newly Listened!
  20. Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion II
  21. HammerFall - Masterpieces - Newly Listened!
  22. Hindu Love Gods - Hindu Love Gods - Newly Listened!
  23. Holy Dio - A Tribute To The Voice of Metal: Ronnie James Dio (2 Discs) - Newly Listened!
  24. Holy Martyr - Still At War - Newly Listened!
  25. Iron Man - Submission (EP) - Newly Listened!
  26. Johnny Cash - American V: A Hundred Highways - Newly Listened!
  27. Kamelot - The Black Halo
  28. KoЯn - Untouchables
  29. Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin
  30. Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell
  31. Meshuggah - obZen - Newly Listened!
  32. Nativity In Black I: A Tribute To Black Sabbath
  33. Nativity In Black II: A Tribute To Black Sabbath
  34. Orange Sky - Dat Iz Voodoo - Newly Listened!
  35. Pink Floyd - The Wall (2 Disks)
  36. Queen -A Day At The Races - Newly Listened!
  37. Queensrÿche - Operation: Mindcrime
  38. Rebellion - Miklagard - The History Of The Vikings Vol. 2
  39. Rebellion - Sagas Of Iceland - The History Of The Vikings Vol. I
  40. Reel Big Fish & Zolof The Rock & Roll Destroyer - Duet All Night Long
  41. Reel Big Fish - Turn The Radio Off
  42. Regina Spektor - Soviet Kitsch - Newly Listened!
  43. Rodney Carrington - Live: C'mon Laugh You Bastards
  44. Stone Gods - Silver Spoons & Broken Bones
  45. Styx - The Grand Illusion
  46. The Tossers - On A Fine Spring Evening - Newly Listened!
  47. Transatlantic - Bridge Across Forever - Newly Listened!
  48. UFO - Lights Out - Newly Listened!
  49. Van Canto - Hero - Newly Listened!
  50. Warren Zevon - Excitable Boy - Newly Listened!
  51. We're A Happy Family: A Tribute To Ramones
  52. Wizard - Thor - Newly Listened!
  53. Xandria - India - Newly Listened!
  54. Yes - 90125 - Newly Listened!
  55. Zimmer's Hole - When You Were Shouting At The Devil...We Were In League With Satan

No comments: