Sunday, March 29, 2009

Bands I've Seen Live

So posts have been slicking of late, alot of reasons for that leading off with that I have the plague. I'm not going to go into the rest, as this is not my own personal bitch session. So here is a half-assed article I've been working on. It's a list of all the bands that I've seen live, that I can remember. I started collecting my ticket stubs from shows when I began college (4 years ago) and alot of these are from that time. Some of the older shows I tried to remember, but I can't quite get the full line ups. I'm working on looking up all the tours I'm not sure about, and will amend this list as they come up.
I'd love to see how many shows any of my readers have been to. I know I'm starting to get some semi-regulars, and many of you are concert goers like me. I realize that some lists would put mine to shame, but I was actually a little surprised with how many bands I have actually seen. And of course I will add to this list over the upcoming months and years.
  1. AC/DC
  2. Alestorm
  3. Alice Cooper
  4. Ankla
  5. Arch Enemy
  6. As I Lay Dying
  7. Bad Actor - 2 Times (Maybe a third in this upcoming week)
  8. Behemoth
  9. The Black Dahlia Murder
  10. Black Label Society
  11. Black Sabbath
  12. Black Tide
  13. Blue Öyster Cult
  14. Brand New Sin
  15. Bury Your Dead
  16. Celtic Frost
  17. Cheap Trick
  18. Chevelle
  19. Chthonic
  20. Cinder - at least 10 times (I toured with these guys for 6 months as a roadie/merch salesman)
  21. Circus Diablo
  22. Clutch
  23. Daath
  24. Deadsy
  25. DevilDriver
  26. Dir En Grey
  27. Disturbed - 3 Times
  28. Eddie Money
  29. Empyrean
  30. Foghat
  31. Gizmachi
  32. Grand Funk Railroad
  33. Hatebreed
  34. The Haunted
  35. Heaven And Hell (Black Sabbath with Dio)
  36. Hinder
  37. In Flames
  38. It Dies Today
  39. In This Moment
  40. Killswitch Engage
  41. KoRn - 3 Times
  42. Lordi
  43. Mastadon
  44. MC Chris - 5 Times
  45. Mötley Crüe
  46. Mudvayne
  47. Nile
  48. Papa Roach
  49. Puddle of Mudd
  50. Queensrÿche
  51. Rob Zombie
  52. Shadows Fall
  53. Shinedown
  54. The Showdown
  55. Soapy Tuna - At least 10 times (The alter ego of Cinder, whenever they didn't want to pay their company to play a gig)
  56. Soilwork
  57. Static-X
  58. Styx
  59. Suidakra
  60. The Sword
  61. Theory of A Deadman
  62. Tool
  63. Trivium
  64. Type O Negative
  65. Týr
  66. Velvet Revolver
  67. Wicked Wisdom
As a side note, I have been working on articles, just not finishing them. I am 90% complete with my Týr concert experience as well as working on some new band articles (teaser: one is progressive symphonic folk metal). So have no fear! Updates are in the works.

2 comments:

DPTH International said...

That's a fine list. I've only started hitting a bunch of concerts about a year ago.

Some bands are Virgin Black - The most intense performance I've seen. Finntroll, Ensferum, Tyr, Alestorm and Turisas.

Symphony X, Kamelot was quite good though I don't own anything by them.

Amorphis was quite good too.

There have been others, but those are the memorable performances.

The Klepto said...

Well I posted everyone I could remember, but there were a few that were really good. And alot of these were on the same tour like Ozzfest 2005 or 2008 or the couple of Family Values Tours I've been too. It's really hard to make an 100% accurate list without hunting down every concert online somehow.