Sunday, February 1, 2009

Albums Listened To In January

Well another month, another list. I thought that with all the time I've spent listening to music, this month would have the most albums plaid, but this is not the case. My numbers are up, I'm averaging over 1 album a day, but I would like more. Alot of these albums this month were short, notably the older groups (like Creedence Clearwater Revival and Queen), so there should be more.
Also, I have listened to alot of repeats this month, starting the month with almost no new material, luckily I changed this and went for the new and bold by the end. 24 out of 44 are newly listened, not bad at all.

[Edit] So I wrote all of this on Jan 29th, but I was hurt (I pulled my back) and sick all weekend so I had alot of time to listen to music. I jumped from 34 albums to 44 in two days!

As far as the favorties and hated of the month, I don't think I can do them. This period's works were all pretty solid, with nothing standing out above the rest, or failing miserably. If I had to choose some favorites they would be the works of Rishloo, a new band I found last week, or the Skyclad album, Wayward Sons of Mother Earth, or of course Queen with A Night At The Opera, quite possibly one of the best albums I've ever heard.
On the flipside, if I was to choose a least favorite it would have to be Gnarls Barkley with The Odd Couple and John Frusciante with The Empyrean. Gnarls Barkley only because it's not my style of music, it's a sold album, I just can't get behind it. And John Frusciante's new work is just too out there. It is the definate experimental album, alot of the songs drone on and on with little melody or reason. Again it's decent, but it's not my style.

February is a short month, let's see if we can top this month's numbers!
  1. AC/DC - Blow Up Your Video - Newly Listened!
  2. Alestorm - Captain Morgan's Revenge
  3. Alice Cooper - Along Came A Spider - Newly Listened!
  4. Audioslave - Audioslave
  5. Audioslave - Out Of Exile
  6. Audioslave - Revelations
  7. The Bakerton Group - Space Guitars EP
  8. The Beatles - The Beatles (White Album) (2 Discs)
  9. Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited - Newly Listened!
  10. The Clash - The Clash - Newly Listened!
  11. Coheed & Cambria - The Second Stage Turbine Blade
  12. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bayou Country
  13. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Creedence Clearwater Revival
  14. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
  15. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Mardi Gras - Newly Listened!
  16. The Derek Trucks Band - Already Free - Newly Listened!
  17. Destroy Destroy Destroy - Battle Sluts - Newly Listened!
  18. Dio - Holy Diver
  19. Dream Theater - Dark Side Of The Moon (Official Bootleg) - Newly Listened!
  20. Dream Theater - Scenes From A Memory
  21. Fiddler's Green - Sports Day At Killaloe - Newly Listened!
  22. Funkadelic - Standing On The Verge Of Getting It On - Newly Listened!
  23. Gnarls Barkley - The Odd Couple - Newly Listened!
  24. Green Day - American Idiot
  25. GWAR - War Party - Newly Listened!
  26. The Haunted - The Haunted Made Me Do It
  27. James Blunt - All The Lost Souls
  28. James Blunt - Back To Bedlam
  29. John Frusciante - The Empyrean - Newly Listened!
  30. Judas Priest - Sin After Sin - Newly Listened!
  31. Megadeth - Rust In Peace - Newly Listened!
  32. Queen - A Night At The Opera
  33. Queen - Queen
  34. Queen - Queen II
  35. Queen - Sheer Heart Attack
  36. The Raconteurs - Broken Boy Soldiers - Newly Listened!
  37. The Raconteurs - Consolers Of The Lonely - Newly Listened!
  38. Regina Spektor - Songs - Newly Listened!
  39. Rishloo - Eidolon - Newly Listened!
  40. Rishloo - Terras Fames - Newly Listened!
  41. Reel Big Fish - Fame, Fortune, And Fornication - Newly Listened!
  42. Rollins Band - Weight - Newly Listened!
  43. Skyclad - Wayward Sons of Mother Earth - Newly Listened!
  44. Viking Skull - Doom, Gloom, Heartache & Whiskey - Newly Listened!

No comments: