Sunday, September 27, 2009

New Album: Alice In Chains - Black Gives Way To Blue

I'm currently listening to the new Alice In Chains album, and although I've never been a huge fan of them, this new album is pretty decent.
I know they have a new singer (after the other one overdosed a while back) but it really sounds similar to their older stuff. The music is all the slow, grinding riffs with light drums, and the vocals are still a bit whiny, but in a good way. The whole album pulls together fairly well.

This is going to be a short review, because I don't have alot to say really. Alot of the songs sound the same, and they really only have three types of songs to offer; slow songs, fast(ish) songs, and songs that go back and forth.
I do like the tracks "All Secrets Known" and "Last of My Kind", they tend to sound a little less like the rest of the album.

So, to sum it all up, if you like Alice In Chains, then you will most likely like Black Gives Way To Blue. If you're a die-hard fan then you might nitpick some problems with the new band vs the old, but if you aren't that familiar with them then its all gravy

Track Listing

1. All Secrets Known
2. Check My Brain
3. Last of My Kind
4. Your Decision
5. A Looking In View
6. When The Sun Rose Again
7. Acid Bubble
8. Lesson Learned
9. Take Her Out
10. Private Hell
11. Black Gives Way To Blue

No comments: