Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Albums Listened To In August

A short month this time, I didn't get anywhere with my British Invasion plan. Got a new job which has me working 40 hours and school started up again which is another 20 hours taken. So all my free time is spent sitting on my couch watching TV, oh and going out with friends - gotta keep the social up as well.
So only 30 albums this month, my lowest amount since December, I just haven't had the patience to sit there and listen to an entire album. I've been listening to alot of music I already have heard, so I don't have to pay that much attention to it, it's easier as muzak.

The best new album of the month was the self-titled album by The Allman Brothers Band, I really liked their use of blues rock mixed with the country/bluegrass feel. Their following album, Idlewild South, wasn't nearly as good, but I am working on the rest of the discography (at least the good years).
The worst was There's A Riot Goin' On by Sly & The Family Stone. I was disappointed because I really like Sly & The Family Stone, and their Dance To The Music was really good (as well is their Greatest Hits, which is the only other album of theirs I have), but this attempt was not. I think it was because it is really heavy in the political agenda and racism. I can understand why, from the era that this album was released, but I still like their happy-days music much more.

Well that's it, I'd like to say that the next month will be better, but I will be doing these 60 hour weeks until December, so for a time - while I adjust - it's going to be difficult to keep this updated frequently.

  1. Airbourne - Runnin' Wild
  2. Alestorm - Black Sails At Midnight
  3. Alestorm - Captain Morgan's Revenge
  4. The Allman Brothers Band - The Allman Brothers Band - Newly Listened!
  5. The Allman Brothers Band - Idlewild South - Newly Listened!
  6. The Beatles - Beatles For Sale - Newly Listened!
  7. The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night - Newly Listened!
  8. The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour
  9. The Beatles - Please Please Me - Newly Listened!
  10. The Beatles - With The Beatles - Newly Listened!
  11. David Bowie - Hunky Dory
  12. David Bowie - The Man Who Sold the World - Newly Listened!
  13. David Bowie - The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders Of Mars
  14. Ozzy Osbourne - No More Tears
  15. Pink Floyd - The Wall (2 Discs)
  16. The Reverend Horton Heat - The Full Custom Gospel Sounds of the Reverend Horton Heat - Newly Listened!
  17. The Reverend Horton Heat - Lucky 7 - Newly Listened!
  18. The Reverend Horton Heat - Revival - Newly Listened!
  19. The Reverend Horton Heat - Smoke 'Em If You Got 'Em - Newly Listened!
  20. The Rolling Stones - The Rolling Stones - Newly Listened!
  21. Sly & The Family Stone - Dance To The Music - Newly Listened!
  22. Sly & The Family Stone - There's A Riot Goin' On - Newly Listened!
  23. Sturm Und Drang - Rock 'n Roll Children - Newly Listened!
  24. T Rex - Electric Warrior - Newly Listened!
  25. Uriah Heep - Demons And Wizards
  26. Weezer - Weezer (The Blue Album)
  27. The Who - Face Dances - Newly Listened!
  28. The Who - Quadrophenia (2 Discs)
  29. The Who - Who's Next
  30. Wishbone Ash - Time Was: The Wishbone Ash Collection (2 Discs)

No comments: