Thursday, January 1, 2009

Albums Listened To In December

The end of the year... and a good one it's been. Alot of new releases by amazing bands. This month my count is way down. With all of the traveling I did, it was hard to find the time to sit and listen to an entire album (as well as post...sorry). But it is now 2009 and I'm back baby! I'm done seeing family, and my job is going to be folding up soon, so that leaves plenty of time for music and posts. Let's just hope I can afford to keep doing both.

My favorite newly listened album of the month: Trans-Siberian Orchestra with Christmas Eve And Other Stories. I know it's all Christmas music, but it is the season, isn't it? And as a bonus, it's an album of Christmas music that's been amped up, with electric guitars and synthesizers taking the brunt of the action. Seriously, if you listen to hard rock (I know some metalheads out there refuse to deal with anything less than brutal) give this album a try. I tried listening to their other albums, but I couldn't get into them. The song selection of the other Christmas themed album they have, is all the secondary Christmas songs, the ones that no one knows. I didn't feel like exploring Christmas songs.

My least favorite newly listened album of the month (by far): Myth Or Reality by Minotaurus. Now I wasn't expecting much, and that's exactly what I got. It's not like last month where I was disappointed with the effort by Cathedral (and especially the band Folkearth). Minotaurus is a band from Europe that I found while searching the forums for new music. Their band name caught my eye and I figured "why not?" What I was given was a long, boring, and repetitive album. There was not one good song on the entire disc. It is 48 minutes that I would like to get back.

Special category - Last Album of 2008 - To Death and Beyond... by Battleroar. Finished at 8:35 New Years Eve (Just before leaving for my New Year's Party)
  1. 3 - Half Life - Newly Listened!
  2. 3 - Wake Pig
  3. Agalloch - Ashes Against The Grain - Newly Listened!
  4. Agalloch - The Mantle - Newly Listened!
  5. The Allman Brothers Band - Eat A Peach - Newly Listened!
  6. The Almighty - Powertrippin' - Newly Listened!
  7. Ayreon - Ayreon vs. Avantasia: Elected - Newly Listened!
  8. Battleroar - To Death and Beyond... - Newly Listened!
  9. The Beatles - Let It Be - Newly Listened!
  10. The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - Newly Listened!
  11. Black Asylum - Truths of The Blood - Newly Listened!
  12. Elton John - Greatest Hits 1970-2002 - Newly Listened!
  13. Falconer - Among Beggars And Thieves - Newly Listened!
  14. Green Day - Nimrod
  15. Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion I
  16. Johnny Cash - American Recordings - Newly Listened!
  17. Johnny Cash - American III: Solitary Man - Newly Listened!
  18. Johnny Cash - American IV: The Man Comes Around - Newly Listened!
  19. Machine Head - Covers - Newly Listened!
  20. Minotaurus - Myth Or Reality - Newly Listened!
  21. Regina Spektor - Begin To Hope - Newly Listened!
  22. Testament - The Formation Of Damnation - Newly Listened!
  23. Tom Morello: The Nightwatchman - Fabled City - Newly Listened!
  24. The Tossers - Agony
  25. Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Christmas Eve And Other Stories - Newly Listened!

No comments: