Friday, July 2, 2010

Web Radio: New Normal Music

So yesterday I found the launch page for this 'new' form of web radio, New Normal Music. It was launched last night/this morning at midnight, so I haven't had a lot of time to listen to it, but it seems like a neat idea.
Apparently, from what the intro page says, its a radio station dedicated to truly new music; that is music that has been released within the past 12 months. It actually says that there will be no Sublime, U2, Blink-182, or Red Hot Chili Peppers played.... although I suppose if these bands released an album within the past year (read: U2) then they might apply, but who knows. As I said this thing has been going on for less then 24 hours.
They are opening their website by playing 50,000 songs in a row, after that it doesn't mention. They also make a big deal about being able to call in requests from anywhere in the world. I don't know how efficient that may be, but it's kind of a nifty idea. Of course, you would have to know if the song you want is 12 months old or not, and I assume they don't have a limitless collection, but still kind of cool.
So far, from what I've heard played, it seems to be based towards the alternative and indie crowds. A lot of Beatle-esq sounding bands, or otherwise light and fluffy music. So not really my scene, but in 50,000 the styles might change. I'm going to be checking in to see how it goes over the next few days. So for the next 100+ days (50k songs at 4 minutes a song come to over 138 days) check out the flow of the newest web radio (even though it says it isn't radio) station out there: New Normal Music.

No comments: