Friday, January 15, 2010

Albums Listened To In December (59)

59 albums. Not bad compared to my average, but not up to par as the past couple of months. Sorry this took so long, I've been having a rough time at work, and I'm often to tired when I get home to do anything mentally challenging (been playing a lot of Modern Warfare 2 on Xbox).
I set out this month to listen to full discographies of my favorite bands, and I did just that. Blind Guardian, Dream Theater, Manowar, Iced Earth, Type O Negative, Ayreon, Demons and Wizards and Kiuas were all set up and knocked down with relative ease. Due to this trip down music-memory lane, there was almost no new albums this month, the only exception being Blind Guardian's A Night At The Opera which I had never had the enjoyment of hearing before. And for most of the bands above, I am working on a Retrospective for each. You have already seen my one for Blind Guardian, and I'm almost done with Type O Negative, Iced Earth and Dream Theater's, I just have to take the time and sit down and actually do it.

In January I wanted to focus almost entirely on brand new music, but seeing as the month is already half over by the time I've finished this article, I already know the semi-trend, and right now it's a decent split of new and old.
I found a new place to find new bands, the majority of which are well within my musical preference - a lot of stoner and doom - so be expecting a whole list of out-there bands with unique sounds and songs.

With me being done with school, I have a lot less of a reason to sit in front of my computer listening to music all day. So my numbers will most likely be taking a hit - at least in the near future. With nothing but work to look forward too, I'm going to be needing a hobby, and this site may just be it.


12/1-12/7
  1. Acid Bath - When The Kite String Pops
  2. Blind Guardian - Mr. Sandman (Single) 
  3. Blind Guardian - Nightfall In Middle Earth
  4. Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth
  5. Dream Theater - Awake
  6. Dream Theater - Train Of Thought
  7. Iced Earth - The Melancholy E.P.
  8. Iced Earth - Something Wicked This Way Comes
  9. Manowar - Battle Hymns
  10. Manowar - Fighting The World
  11. Manowar - Gods Of War
  12. Manowar - Hail To England
  13. Manowar - Into Glory Ride
  14. Manowar - Kings Of Metal
  15. Manowar -  Louder Than Hell
  16. Manowar - Sign Of The Hammer
  17. Manowar - The Triumph Of Steel
  18. Manowar - Warriors Of The World 
  19. Queen - Queen 
  20. Type O Negative - Slow, Deep And Hard
12/8 - 12/14
I was sick for days this week, thus impacting my listening totals, I much preferred watching movies to listening to music. Check out the Movie Blog I am helping out with for more on the movies I watched this week.
  1. Blind Guardian - Battalions of Fear
  2. Dream Theater - A Change of Seasons
  3. Dream Theater - Black Clouds And Silver Linings (2 Disc)
  4. Dream Theater - Falling Into Infinity
  5. Dream Theater - Images And Words
  6. Dream Theater - Octavarium
  7. Dream Theater - Scenes From A Memory 
  8. Dream Theater - Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence (2 Disc)
  9. Dream Theater - When Dream And Day Unite
  10. Iced Earth - Horror Show
  11. Iced Earth - Iced Earth
  12. Iced Earth - Tribute To The Gods
  13. Type O Negative - Life Is Killing Me
  14. Type O Negative - October Rust
12/15 - 12/21
  1. Blind Guardian - A Night At The Opera - New
  2. Blind Guardian - Follow The Blind 
  3. Blind Guardian - Imaginations From The Other Side
  4. Blind Guardian - Somewhere Far Beyond
  5. Blind Guardian - Tales From The Twilight World
  6. Demons and Wizards - Demons and Wizards
  7. Demons and Wizards - Touched By The Crimson King
  8. Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos
  9. Iced Earth - Night Of The Stormrider
  10. Type O Negative - Bloody Kissed
  11. Type O Negative - Dead Again 
  12. Type O Negative - The Origin Of The Feces
  13. Type O Negative - World Coming Down
12/22 - 12/31
  1. Ayreon - 01011001
  2. Ayreon - Actual Fantasy
  3. Ayreon - The Final Experiment
  4. Flogging Molly - Float
  5. Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings
  6. Iced Earth - Enter The Realm (Demo)
  7. Iced Earth - The Glorious Burden
  8. Kiuas - The New Dark Age
  9. Kiuas - Reformation
  10. Kiuas - Spirit Of Ukko
  11. Styx - The Grand Illusion
  12. Uriah Heep - Demons And Wizards

          No comments: