Friday, November 25, 2011

The Klepto's Back!!

Ok, I know I've said it before, but I'm back baby!

I'm working with some others to create a new project: Pop It & Rock It (it's still in it's infancy so go easy), which will get me back into the swing of writing and reviewing. The new website will have a wider scope of the entire rock genre - from pop to metal - with yours truly in charge of all things heavy. With that in mind, I'll be double posting, with every heavy review on PI&RI also appearing on The Guide, and several older articles from here appearing on the new project.

The articles/reviews won't be daily here, like they were, instead a few times a week - something more manageable - but eventually I hope to have Pop It & Rock It posting daily, once everyone involved is more used to reviewing/writing. I encourage you to check out the new site, if only for the added support, but if you end up finding something you like, something you've never heard of before, then I think my job is done. My plan with the wide scope and multiple genres is to expose people to as many new things as possible - I myself don't like pop/pop-rock very much, but I still find myself enjoying the occasional song that comes on the radio at work. So please, shoot a quick look that a-way if you have a free moment.

For the new visitors to The Guide, or for those who have no idea what I'm talking about, here is a short ditty of what the past has been:

About three years ago I wanted to put my insane knowledge of music to some sort of use, so I created The Guide. What started as a simple every-now-and-then hobby eventually dominated my life. For over six months (December 2010 to June 2011) I posted every day - sometimes more then once - but it eventually got to me. You see, during all thing time I was trying to get some help with my one-man-project, but it never came. I was getting more and more stressed out, struggling to meet the daily deadlines I had given myself, until eventually I couldn't take it any more and I took a break.

What was supposed to be a week break, stretched into a month, but once I tried picking it up again, I realized that I wasn't ready. So after another week of struggling I put The Guide on indefinite hiatus. During this time, I kept getting new followers on Facebook, new comments, and my monthly visitor count never dropped below 3,000, so it was obvious that people were still interested. I just couldn't get back into the swing of things.


Now, almost six months later, I finally feel that I can pick up at some sort of level that it was originally. I'm starting this new project (while updating the old) because I've finally collected a few people who are as dedicated to music as I am. Unfortunately they aren't into metal nearly as much as I (or at all for that matter), and so The Guide wasn't the right fit for them, which is why this new direction.

Anyway, I hope I haven't pissed off too many of you with my sudden departure, and I hope to see the hit counts increase with every month - both here and on Pop It & Rock It.

-K-

1 comment: